Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Arrival

     Just a few days ago, Friday night of last week, Roberta and I arrived in West Seattle, WA. This marks the official start of the next chapter in our lives - sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with others in the Pacific Northwest. Meanwhile, there is still much to be done to get settled here.

     The first step is finding housing for ourselves and establishing a permanent address. Our teammates - the Clearmans - have graciously opened up their lovely home to us in the meantime. We have our own room and bathroom, making it feel less like we're sharing a space with others. I suppose I should be used to it by now, living in another person's home. After all, Roberta and I have been living out of our suitcases as for going on three months now, jumping from one person's house to the next. Our living circumstances have been an important reminder for me to "count my blessings" and to name them one by one, lest I give into murmuring and discontentment.

     In truth, there is much to be intimidated by when it comes to finding housing. Prices are so ridiculously inflated in West Seattle right now, it's difficult to find a house to rent that's below $2,000 a month. We cannot afford one with our current percentage of support we're asking for. We'll most likely have to look at studio apartments, but I know Roberta dreads the thought inside. Both of us have a desire for hospitality and having people over, and our ability in this area would be severely restricted by the lack of space a studio apartment provides. Plus, our participation in hosting a home assembly for the church would be unlikely, making the job be passed on to our teammates.

     Yet, I cannot allow my inner frustrations blind me to how God is working unseen through it all. I have been praying fervently for more financial support for Roberta and myself. But an even more comforting thought than my own prayers is knowing that there are countless others out there as well, praying for us and the Northwest Mission. I owe each and every single one of them my gratitude and, in truth, this new chapter of my life. Without their love, support, and encouragement, I'm not sure I would be sitting here in West Seattle typing this post.

     To all of our supporters, family, and friends, Roberta and I thank you immensely! Because of you, we are now in West Seattle! Because of you, a new chapter in our walk is beginning! Thank you - all of you - for everything you have done and continue to do to help us! We have felt the comforting Spirit of God moving through you all. Indeed, I can say with help from you all (and despite myself at times), "Blessed by the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ..." (Eph. 1:3).

     Pressing forward... Nathaniel
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newest Letter:

Is Unconditional Love Biblical? Part 2

     Preface: if you haven't, I highly advise reading my first article on unconditional love before reading this one.      I write thi...

Popular Posts